Kindle e-book version of the book, and it is available from amazon.com
The paperback edition of More Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality was published in 1996 by Brunner/Mazel (the same company that published the hard cover edition of the first book, Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality). Soon after the paperback edition was released, Brunner/Mazel was acquired by another publishing house, Taylor & Francis. Due to still more changes in the publishing industry, More Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality is now part of the list of books published by Routledge.THE ARTICLES More Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality consists of 35 articles drawn from the Journal of Polymorphous Perversity®. In “Antidotes to Your Shrinks Falling Asleep During the Therapy Session: A Patient’s Guide to Keeping the Therapist’s Attention,” here are some of the actions the author offers:
- Insist that one of your other personalities already paid last month’s therapy bill.
- Tell your therapist that you had a critical dream last night, but someone stole it from your head on the way to the session.
- Ask your therapist if malpractice insurance covers patients who jump out of the therapy room window.
- Lie down under the couch.
- Express concerns that you are not narcissistic enough.
- Shout “Eureka!” after your therapist makes an interpretation.
- As your therapist hands you the therapy bill, put on a pair of latex rubber gloves to accept it.
- (For male patients only) Ask your therapist: “Is it cold in here, or is it just that time of the month?”
- Ask if your therapist accepts the Discover card.